Volunteering, makes a person feel great inside! Volunteering not only gives you an opportunity to change other people's lives, but your life as well. There are many volunteer opportunities available along with benefits.
Felician Village is proud and appreciative of volunteers who share their time, energy and talents in support of our residents. Volunteers are welcome to assist staff and residents in a variety of positions. If you have an hour or two a week to give, we will help you find a volunteer opportunity that is interesting to you and touches the lives of the residents served at Felician Village.
• Village Café & Market and Court Dining Room - Serve coffee and prepared food, operate cash register, light cleaning, stock cafe w/ cups, plates, etc.
• TriShaw Bike Pilots - “Pilot” a pedal aided by motor assistance bike with a bench seat in the front for residents to enjoy a bike ride.
• Feilcian Village at Home - Companions, transportation, light household projects, many other opportunities
• Companions – (St. Mary's, The Court & The Villa) One-on-one companionship, talking & listening, individual activities like playing cards, games, puzzles, reading
• Activities – Assist with activity programs throughout campus, transport residents to/from functions
• Bingo - Bingo helpers Thursdays from 2-3 p.m. Assist residents with playing their Bingo card, assist with transporting residents to/from Bingo, clean up Bingo chips and cards
• Paint resident fingernails - Once per week or once every other week
• Entertainment - Share your musical talent with large or small groups
• Escort for large events - Take a monthly calendar and assist with transporting to/from any large event. No lifting required
• Wii Bowling at The Gardens - Set up Wii Bowling, assist residents with game controller, arrange room back in order after bowling
• Greeter Reception Desk - Greet visitors as they enter and leave Felician Village, direct visitors to locations on campus, assist visitors with locating the person they are visiting
• Happy Hour - (Next Step & The Gardens) Help with set up, transport to Next Step dining room, serve cocktails and food, clean up
• Book Club- (The Gardens) Keep log of book club members, offer suggestions in choosing upcoming books, pick up new book club selection and return and return the read books to the library
• Felician Village Summer Concerts - Serve food and carry food to tables for residents/guests, assist with clean up
• Crafts - (St. Mary's & The Gardens) Prep work for craft, assist residents during the craft class and help clean up
• Technology Assistant - Provide computer skills to residents and set-up times for residents to learn how to use email, Facebook, etc
• Felician Village at Home Volunteers - Companions, light household duties, etc.
• Make birthday cards for residents.
Unable to donate your time, but would like to help out? Donations of large print books, craft supplies, bingo prizes & small items for Christmas gifts are always appreciated.
Do you have a talent or interest not on this list? Contact me and we can look into making it happen!
To see the most current Volunteer Connection Newsletters click here!
2019 Felician Award Winner
Congratulations Shirley Horn!
Her nominee wrote, “Shirley has such a presence on our campus. Whether it’s in the café, leading Blackjack, the Kentucky Derby of some other event, she always has a smile on her face and offers a helping hand. Shirley is a wonderful addition to our campus and we’re fortunate to have her volunteer her time.”
Pictured (L to R): Frank Soltys, President/CEO, Shirley Horn and Tim Lindloff, Volunteer Coordinator.